Head of FM Conntracts
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Job Type||Full Time|
|Sector||Facilities ManagementFacilities Management - Estates & Facilities Management|
|Salary||£46336 - £58655 per annum + attractive benefits|
Head of FM Contracts
£46,336 - £58,655 dependent on experience plus attractive benefits package
Hexagon FM are recruiting for a Head of FM Contracts to work in a prestigious educational facility to provide a customer focussed, first class facilities service to the Universities Estates customers which consist of Academics, Bursars, Fellows, Domestic and Technical and Maintenance Managers and their respective supply chains.
As Head of FM Contracts, you will be responsible for specifying, tendering, negotiating, mobilising and then operating contracts for Catering, Hospitality and Events, Cleaning, Waste, Pest and General Maintenance (Caretaking).
You will have previously managed these contract streams both at strategic and operational level, being responsible for specifying, tendering and operating. We must stress, we are looking for someone who is comfortable and enjoys the strategic planning but still wants to lead from the front and operate too.
We are looking for a dynamic, people orientated person who can build relationships with key stakeholders and loves working through contracts to build effective partnerships between the university as the client and their key service providers to deliver an outstanding customer experience for their students, staff and visitors.
The successful candidate will need have previous experience in managing P&L, understand contract law and variations and be able to manage contractors in line with the agreed contract service level agreements. A strong financial background, able to manage budgets for FM services and forecast for services and make suggestions for efficiencies based on experience.
Working closely with the Head of Strategic FM, the Head of FM Contracts will deliver the agreed strategy operationally throughout the estate and ensure the service delivery is in line with the agreed plan. Working to a project plan, you will manage the contract lifecycle which will include planning for new specifications to be released for tender on various service lines. Which you will then lead the process reporting back into the Head of Strategic FM and other key stakeholders.
You will manage the relationships within the University estate, ensuring clear communication between the Facilities Services team and the clients and service provider.
This role will suit someone with in depth experience of managing large FM Contracts on high profile, visible contracts. You will have ideally worked client side and a service provider at some point in your career.
* You will be an energetic and enthusiastic facilities expert who is able to manage multiple tasks at any one time in a calm manner.
* You will have excellent communication skills and will understand the importance of communicating in a diplomatic and clear manner whilst working under time constraints as this is the most important part of this role (the success of the Head of FM Contracts will depend on them communicating effectively to their internal and external teams, addressing their concerns and gaining trust).
* You will thrive on working at pace in a professional team where you all need to work together to achieve a common goal.
* Possessing excellent listening skills, able to take on ideas, assess risks and formulate plans which are communicate across the wider teams.
* Take pride in formulating a facilities service to be proud of to a world class, education portfolio.
* A facilities expert with a depth of experience and understanding across hard and soft services and knowledge of industry best practice
You will ideally be a member of BIFM/IFMA/RICS or equivalent trade body. The University are committed to helping their employees advance in their profession and active support representation within the relevant industry bodies.
This role is paying between £45,000 - £58,655 plus benefits and attractive holiday allowance.
Then send your CV with your availability for interview and start ASAP
Hexagon FM are a Facilities Recruitment Specialist working on behalf of Oxford University.